Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Art Project Picture Tutorial!



I've been thinking of doing this project for awhile, and finally felt crafty enough to do it. This is what you'll need:


  • Canvas of any size (I used 8x10) :
  • Paint of your color choice
  • Sponge brush
  • Paint pallet
  • 2 short nails
  • Hammer
  • Craft wire (Somewhat sturdy)
  • Construction paper, color of your choice
  • Black and white sharpies/gel pens
  • Optional: mod podge





Gather whatever color paints you would like. I wanted a deeper, blueish-midnight color scheme. Feel free to do other colors. It would be fun to do a lighter blue background, or other bright and cheery colors. 

I mixed my colors for a deep blue, blue-green, and dark purple. (Pay no attention to the red blob in the middle...it just kinda blupped out of the bottle. :p)

Using a spongebrush, lay the colors onto your canvas. (You cold use paper, but I think the canvas gives it good texture and they aren't that expensive. You can find them at your local craft store.) I meant to take pictures as I went to show you but I got too into it and forgot. :) Paint them in kind of a camoflauge-like pattern. I then ran my brush over everything to mix all the colors in. 


Using your finger, paint a white (or other color) border around your background. This helps it stand out. If you would like, put a layer of mod-podge over everything to help seal in the color and give it a matte finish.




Twist your craft wire around itself so it looks like the above. You'll need a length as long as your canvas.  Secure to the canvas frame with nails.


Paint 3 clothespins your desired color. 


Cut out three bird shapes out of construcion paper and detail them, giving them an eye, beak, wing and tail. Again, you can use whatever color paper.


Clip the birds to the wire, write a Bible verse or saying if you would like, and you're done! 



No comments:

Post a Comment